Hi...sorry it's been so long since we sent an update. We have been on quite the journey. As most of you know, my contractions became regular at 3-5 minutes in the middle of the night last Friday and after 17 hours of what felt like productive labor we went to the hospital only to be sent home. Sunday my contractions continued on and became much more intense, so we returned to the hospital that evening. Frankly, they were so close together and so intense that I do believe I actully made Mark a little nervous on our 45 minute drive to the hospital. : )
Unfortunately, after being assessed by the medical staff, it was was agreed that I was definitley in hard labor, but I was too exhausted and labor was not progressing. They decided to admit me, help me get some rest and see where we go from there. To keep a long story from getting out of control, I'll just say that my contractions continued on, became closer together and more intense, but I've made a minimum amount of progress. Again they decided that I really need to get some rest and that I need a break from the hospital. Rather than risk more serious medical intervention and likely a c-section, we made the decision to come home this morning. We're all doing fine...it's disappointing to come home without a baby to hold, but we feel that we are making the best decision for Ryan and for me. There is every indication that we could end up back at labor and delivery tonight...or it could be a few days...it's certainly not up to us.
Cell phones are not allowed on the maternity floor and long-distance calls are challenge from the room phone, so we are still trying to get caught up on returning phone calls and emails. Thank you for all of your continued prayers and support. We really appreciate knowing that you are all pulling for us. We will do our best to keep in touch and hope to have some great news (and baby photos) to share very soon.
Love,
Rachel & Mark
Adventures I am living...... things I have learned......things I continue to study..... the people I love.....Goals.....Hopes.....Dreams......sometimes Fears......... And lots of Photos! .................................. (Formerly known as: The Adventures of a Southern Transplant Stuck at the Northpole)
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
We're still waiting...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment