Marinated Mushroom Salad from Women of Great Taste
1 lb fresh mushrooms sliced
1 cup thinly sliced celery
½ cup diced pepper (I use either red or green)
½ cup thinly sliced red onion (I skipped this for Rachel's shower)
Dressing:
¼ cup olive oil
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 balsamic vinegar
2 tsp dried basil (I prefer to use fresh basil)
1 ½ tsp salt
1 tsp sugar (or more to taste)
1 clove garlic minced
½ tsp black pepper
Whisk until blended and pour over veggies. It is best if it marinates overnight in the refrigerator. Toss before serving. I used those boxed pre washed greens with herbs and find that makes it even better.
Chicken Salad (serves six)
3 cups chicken breasts
1 cup chopped celery
3 hard cooked eggs chopped
¼ cup green onion
¼ cup green pepper (I skipped this for Rachel's shower)
1 cup seedless grapes
Dressing:
¾ cup (or more) low fat mayonnaise
2 tsp lemon juice
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
Top with chow mein noodles or cashews and garnish with sliced eggs
Note from Molly....I have made this salad many times and find I always like it the second day with the cashews mixed in. Also, I don't like it dry so I make a little more of the dressing, plus the girls like to dip veggies in the dressing.
Adventures I am living...... things I have learned......things I continue to study..... the people I love.....Goals.....Hopes.....Dreams......sometimes Fears......... And lots of Photos! .................................. (Formerly known as: The Adventures of a Southern Transplant Stuck at the Northpole)
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Molly's recipes
These are two of the delicious dishes served at our baby shower...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment