I craved lemons at the very beginning of my pregnancy and really wanted steak throughout...the strongest craving was for watermellon - not easy in January in MN. I also craved cherry icees and drank one just about daily during my second trimester...Mark was wonderful! He would go and buy them, several at one time, from the Burger King drive-thru and keep them in the freezer for me.
I absolutely couldn't stand the smell of raw meat or hamburger cooking. Mark would brown the meat for me anytime a recipe called for it.
I had insomnia at 2:00 AM nearly every night throughout my pregnancy
I lived on Tums and discovered that the NEW "smoothie" ones don't taste too bad...kept them stashed in my purse, car, bedroom, family room, desk, etc.
I didn't swell until the last 10 days of my pregnancy...thank goodness!
I talked to you everyday and often read books to you even before you were born.
You liked music even before you were born...the first time I felt you move was during Braden's Christmas concert! You continue to demonstrate your love of music and now you are starting to dance. It's wonderful!! Just yesterday, you started hitting the music button on your Fisher Price music gym and then start booging and laughing. It's adorable!
You started saying "hey" before you were 6 months old, but we weren't sure you knew you were saying it...Your official first word - "mama" happened at about 7 months...it melted my heart.
You got your very first tooth at exactly 5 months...now at 9 months you have 8 teeth that have cut the surface...apparently cutting the surface is not nearly as painful as the next few days
You were sitting up at 4 months old...we started you on solid food hoping that you would start sleeping a little better...you loved sweet potatoes! I made homemade ones for you on a regular basis. You also liked carrots, pears, apples, green beans were ok, Squash was your absolute favorite. You even ate the zuchini that I made and pureed for you. You absolutely do not like peas or bananas...you didn't like them the first time and you have continued to reject them. You LOVE ice! and it will calm you down when nothing else will. As a treat and to help you during your teething, I would puree pears, freeze them and then use a fork to "flake" the ice up...oh boy! did you love this! and still do.
We are working diligently to break your habit of pulling my hair...it hurts like the dickens! Unfortunately, telling you "ouch" or "no, don't hurt Mama", only cracks you up.
Oh...there's so much more...I will keep adding to this, but I'm going to post it for now
No comments:
Post a Comment