Woohoo! Thanks to my sister-in-law, I have been having a blast making pants for Ryan. Carol gave us 2 adorable pair of lined pants for Christmas and a copy of the pattern that she used to make them. Ryan was quickly out growing the pants that she made, so I had a lot of fun making a few alterations to the pattern and making some bigger ones. So much fun that he now has 4 new pairs of pants! It's great because they only require a small remnant of fabric, so I raided my stash and found some fun stuff. The first ones are red pin cords with printed flannel lining. The second ones I made from an old pair of wide-rail cords that I never where anymore also lined in a fun flannel. Then I made 2 more pair in lighter weight fabric in anticipation of warmer weather. I hope to get more pictures and get them up so that you can see. They really are cute if I say so myself.
I was so inspired that I even drafted my own pattern for a cute little vest to go with the spring pants. What fun! I had never made a vest before and didn't want to buy a pattern. My first attempt is pretty good, but I'm looking forward to making a few improvements to the pattern and trying again.
a few action shots.... : )
No comments:
Post a Comment