Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Daily news...

Good morning! Hope you had a great long weekend! I have an urgent need for your prayer support…Mark has a phone interview at 10:00 today. It’s a very interesting consulting firm and would open a network of opportunity for Mark (some of the consultants consult for more than one firm). This opportunity would like lead to some travel – possibly heavy travel – but should provide a very healthy income (hopefully replace mine as well as his! My health is really taking a beating from this job! And I need out soon – more on that later.). As of right now, they do not have an opening, but were impressed with his resume and wanted to talk with him anyway. That’s one good lead…Good # 2 – He has a face to face interview with a small local consulting firm tomorrow. This would be very different – likely wouldn’t require travel – there big client is 3M…they are upfront about hiring the right personality to fit there small team. I like the sound of that…Mark certainly doesn’t have a hard time with people liking him…have no idea what the salary would be, but we expect this to be a direct-hire job rather than a consulting position (should have insurance and everything!). We only need one of them…want it to be good for Mark and good for our family too.

Last week was one of the worst that I have had in a long time. I learned (or was reminded) about so many horrible things that go on here. The one person that I had started to make friends with left on Friday…it was good for her, but watching all the things she went thru confirmed that I am not crazy, they are horrible leaders, they are mean and manipulative, it is unhealthy and it’s not personal towards me. It’s a double edge sword to confirm it. While it takes the “why me?” out of the equation, it also reassures that there is no way to change it or make it better. They don’t want to change. This may seem cryptic, but it would take hours and many pages to try to explain some of the things that happened last week…I may try to journal some of that stuff on the blog eventually…we’ll see.

In addition to our own situation, my worry over my parents has been escalated. My Mom has been having really serious problems with my grandmother and its affecting her health in pretty seriously. In the midst of that, my Dad lost his job on Friday. He has been looking around for the past few months (more seriously the last 6-8 weeks), but hasn’t found anything yet. We knew that he needed to get out of there – it’s as unhealthy and crazy as my work situation! Unfortunately, they, without any warning, fired him before he could leave. There rationale was that they are eliminating his position of sales manager and bringing on a salesperson. My dad is 60 years old and terrified. After losing the antique business (and other horrible set-backs thru the years), they have no resources. He will get one more small commission check in 2 weeks and then they are without income. This is very scary! I’m assuming they will get unemployment, but as we all know, you can’t live on it.

We need God’s grace…God’s blessing….I pray that we get some really good news this week and some comfort…peace…joy.

I love you both! Thanks for taking the time to read this and praying for us.

No comments: